A number of Cambrionix products can be called an intelligent USB PDU since they:
- Provide power to multiple USB ports.
- Allow the user to choose, programmatically (or via a GUI), which ports are powered or off.
- Measure the current and power consumption from a particular port.
- Provide many safety features to ensure that PDU faults to do not damage connected devices and that connected devices cannot damage the PDU.
- Offer a high level of safety certification to ensure that whatever system they are designed-into is safe.
Switching individual downstream port power (VBUS) on or off can be achieved programmatically using our API, via a terminal interface, or by using our LiveViewer App which has a GUI.
This allows you to have complete control over your USB devices – essential when designing mobile device or cellphone testing rigs/racks such as this example from Facebook which was featured on The Verge in 2016: