Thunderbolt to USB Bridge
ThunderSync16 uses a Thunderbolt™ 2 interface to stream data at 20 Gbps from the host computer. The internal architecture is designed to pipe the data streams as efficiently as possible to the downstream ports, ensuring each port is capable of 480 Mbps.
Multiple ThunderSync16s can be daisy-chained to a single host computer, allowing data to be transferred at 480 Mbps to over 40 mobile devices.
All ports can be controlled and monitored individually using our free software, allowing attached devices to be identified and associated with port operations. Our firmware up-dates also allow for new charging protocols to be up-loaded to meet new device requirements.
ThunderSync16 works with:
- All common operating systems
- Most Mobile Device Management packages, including Apple Configurator and iTunes.
- Most mobile devices – our intelligent USB hubs use a proprietary charging protocol that negotiates the maximum allowable charge current for the attached device. Our chargers are compatible with Apple, Android and Windows devices.
- A universal and extremely fast 16 port charge and data sync hub using Thunderbolt™ 2 technology
- Compatible with Appium and Selenium for real-device testing
- Full 480Mbps bandwidth to each USB2.0 device simultaneously
- 20Gbps Thunderbolt 2 host interface
- This intelligent USB hub uses our Cambrionix Intelligent Charging protocol to provide up to 2.4amps to every port (device dependant) simultaneously across all ports
- High-current (2.4Amp / 12W) charging for mobile devices
- Supports SDP, CDP, DCP, BC1.x, SE1, Apple, Samsung, ACA-x, YD/T-1591, RIM etc
- Application Programming Interface (API) for control and monitoring of ports. Available for Mac / Windows / Linux (x86/Arm)
- Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports for daisy-chaining multiple ThunderSyncs or Thunderbolt peripherals
- 4 times more USB endpoints than a typical host computer
- 2 Year RTB warranty
- Mobile software QA automation systems
- Super high-speed iOS and Android device restore and imaging
- High-speed mobile device content transfer
- Mobile device programming and test
- Reverse-logistics charge/erase/restore stations
- VR Video capture
- Mobile device staging / provisioning
- Applications where data transfer speed to multiple USB devices is important
- Applications where standard data transfer methods are too slow
Managing Your Mobile Devices
ThunderSync16 is compatible with our LiveViewer App and our proprietary API for advanced hub monitoring, control, and process automation.
The Cambrionix API is available as a free download and is updated regularly. It allows you to monitor and control each port and to integrate these functions into your process, using JSON calls
With the API you can monitor current consumption of each individual port, total connection time, charging time, control the 32x front panel LEDs, turn power on/off to individual ports, emulate different charging profiles, read USB VID/PID and much more.
We also supply our LiveViewer App which allows you to monitor and control ports using a graphical user interface.
- Independently safety tested by the Underwriters Laboratory (UL) under file #E346549
- CE Tested and marked.
- CB Certificate.
- FCC Part 15 Tested and marked.
- RoHS Compliant.
- Thunderbolt certification from Intel and Apple.
- China CCC certification (pending).
- Japanese PSE certification (pending).
- ThunderSync offers ESD protection, over-voltage protection, over-current protection and over-temperature protection and complies with the latest EN60950 safety requirements for ITE.
- Operating ambient temperature: 0° to 35° Celsius (32° to 95° Fahrenheit)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- PSU AC Input: 100-240V / 3A Max / 47-63Hz
- DC Output: 5.2V / 2.4A per USB port
- Approx Unit Size: 310 x 120 x 80 (L x W x H)
- Approx Unit Weight (excluding power cord): 1.8kg (3.96lbs)
- Boxed weight including accessories: 2kg (4.40lbs)
- What’s in the box: ThunderSync16 / Country specific power cord (1m) / Thunderbolt Cable (0.5m) / User Guide